Friday, October 12, 2007

Technorati- where the minds of those under 30 go to be lost

All right my little party animals. I was fair. I looked at Technorati. I looked at the most popular blogs and I looked at Boing Boing. What can I say?

The day I was looking at Technorati I had the sorry misfortune of reading of the demise of some one who had been spending time having surgery to try to look like some other person. Okey-dokey. They were having breast implants and hair issues or something. They were going to be pandrogynous. Uh huh. They had even chosen a name to share I gather.

There was another article about the Bible being translated into some bizarre language which I think had something to do with LOL. Yeah, I do know that means laugh out loud.

I took a look at the world's most popular blogs according to Technorati. Now, the first ten all had the word gadget in them.

Look folks, there is a group of people who wants to spend time reading about these meaningless, worthless undertakings. Hey, I used to read Harlequin romances when I had babies and I wanted to escape. To each his own. (I always preferred the historical Harlequins myself.)

But let's not kid ourselves. If you are spending so much time online that you find this entertaining then I will put a question to you: What are you escaping from? You might want to take the following quiz:

1. I have had a meaningful conversation with a family member
a. Today b. This week c. This month d. Last Month e. Last Year f. Never

2. I have done something to help someone else
a. Today b. This week c. This month d. Last month e. Last Year f. Never

3. I did something to save the environment
a. Today b. This week c. This month d. Last month e. Last Year f. Never

4. I cared about the feelings of someone else
a. Today b. This week c. This month d. Last month e. Last Year f. Never

5. I did something to put a smile on someone else's sad face
a. Today b. This week c. This month d. Last month e. Last Year f. Never

It's a short quiz. If you answered never more than once, you need to get a grip on yourself and start living in the real world. Connect with someone else in a good way. Get out there and do something to make everything around you a bit better. It really is up to you.

The gadgets will come and go. None of them will show up for your funeral.

No comments: